I was nominated by Mumz the Word for the One Lovely Blog Award. I am honored and humbled by this nomination by an awesome fellow blogger (who has a pretty amazing blog herself). So thank you, Mumz! Here are the rules (and then my best efforts to follow them).
– Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
– Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
– Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
– Nominate about 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
7 Facts About Me:
1. I have 3 tattoos. A dragonfly on my shoulder, and on each ankle, my children’s names and DOB.
2. Cats are my favorite animal. I have 5: Babycat, Mr. Biggles, Sheldon, Cleo, and Chunks. I also have a dog Dexter (yes, he is named after the serial killer-hero of the TV show “Dexter”)
3. I make my living (right now) cleaning houses. I’m looking for something else. I want to write and blog for a living. One benefit of my job is it keeps me in excellent shape physically. It’s much better than a workout at the gym. It’s not that bad a job really (It’s a good job for an Aspie–I can just do the work and go home when I’m finished and not have to deal with office politics or having to socialize too much or any of that BS), but the pay really sucks, it requires a lot of driving, and not all customers tip. I did recently get an offer to review a new self-help book for victims of abuse. I just got the review copy in the mail. I’m thrilled, because this is what I used to do and I loved it. I won’t get paid for this, but I’ll get a free copy of the book.
4. I live in a farmhouse built in 1908, which has all the original interior doors and windows, and a cool potato closet in the kitchen. It’s very small but I love it. It’s the oldest house in the neighborhood, within a development of mostly 50s-60s era ranches and split-levels. For some reason this house got to stay.
5. I am handy. I put in the wood-look laminate kitchen and hallway floors myself (the original hardwood was destroyed in the hallway). I made a little plant shelf in my kitchen window out of white marble tiles that reflect the light beautifully. I also painted the walls bright grass green with bright white trim on all the woodwork, doors and windows. It sounds tacky but it looks great. It sure beats the original color scheme of mud brown, beige and dark brown with its ugly rust-brown speckled 1970s linoleum tile floor.
6. I always thought blue was my favorite color but I always seem to gravitate to bright green (my kitchen, this blog), so I guess green is my real favorite color.
7. I have a collection of miniature cacti. I think they are adorable.
I nominate the following 15 blogs that inspire me, each in a different way. There are many other inspiring blogs I love too; unfortunately I could only nominate 15 of them. 😦 If I get nominated for anything again, maybe your blog will be on my next list!
1.) Just Plain Ol’ Vic: http://justplainolvic.wordpress.com
2.) Army of Angels: https://armyofangels2013.wordpress.com/
3.) Galesmind: http://galesmind.com/
4.) Creativity from Within: https://creativityfromwithin.wordpress.com/
5.) MyPlace2Spu: A Single Mom’s Soap Box: http://myplace2spu.wordpress.com/
6.) ButchCountry67: Life and Love on the Canadian Prairies: https://butchcountry67.wordpress.com/
7.) See, There’s This Thing Called Biology: http://insanitybytes2.wordpress.com/
8.) Inspiring Max: http://www.inspiringmax.com/
9.) BPD Transformation: https://bpdtransformation.wordpress.com/
10.) Sorceress of the Dark’s Blog: http://sorceressofthedark.wordpress.com/
11.) Godless Cranium: http://godlesscranium.com/
12.) QuixoticFaith: http://quixoticfaith.com/
13.) Awesome AJ: http://awesomeaj.com/
14.) Steven D. Jennings (prison inmate): http://stevendalejennings.wordpress.com/
15.) Better Not Broken: http://betternotbroken.com/
And I know it only asks for 15, but I just have to add a 16th, because I just discovered this person’s blog and it’s awesome:
16.) Bluebird of Bitterness: http://bluebirdofbitterness.com/
I couldn’t let this one pass either:
17.) Mindful Digressions: http://mindfuldigressions.com/