This is a powerful, emotional post about the way mental illness labels can be used by a narc family to stigmatize and gaslight against (and discard) a scapegoated child, when all that scapegoated child was doing was reacting the way any normal person would in such an intolerable situation.
Katie, you are a strong and brave woman and a beautiful child of God.
Comments have been disabled; please comment on the original post.
Featured author on:
- Follow Lucky Otters Haven on WordPress.com
Information and help for addictions and PTSD
You can help stop bullying!
- What Color Am I? A True Story About Race Identity and Racism. January 16, 2018
- It’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. January 15, 2018
- Guest Post (by Anonymous): Thoughts About Suicide and Selfishness. January 14, 2018
- The Stack. January 12, 2018
- To everything there is a season… January 12, 2018
- Early morning musings about where we are now…and where we are going. January 12, 2018
- Throwback Thursday: My Inner Narcissist. January 5, 2018
- 3,000 year old pants. January 4, 2018
- Education vs. indoctrination. January 2, 2018
- Happy(er) 2018! December 31, 2017
- The unholy alliance that is ushering in a new Dark Age. December 30, 2017
- Narcissism, politicians, and Trump. December 26, 2017
- A very Peanuts Christmas. December 25, 2017
- Please be kind to service workers. December 24, 2017
- Why I don’t like e-cards. December 24, 2017
Most Popular Posts & Pages
Stalk me on TwitterMy Tweets