It’s just one of those nights.

A young woman lying on her couch

I’m having one of those nights where I have no ideas for new posts at all–no original ideas, no photos to show you, no funny memes or cartoons to share, nada, zip, zero. I’m too lazy to even reblog someone else’s article.

But it’s okay. I can still write a little post about having nothing to say. Happens to all of us bloggers now and then, doesn’t it?

Actually, it’s been a rough week and I’m just extremely exhausted. I’m slooooooowwwlly overcoming a really bad upper respiratory/sinus infection (this was what the cold I had two weeks ago morphed into). I’m taking antibiotics but they make me a little nauseated and my body still feels weak (although the achiness has finally gone away). My appetite is finally coming back a little, but only a little.

My son flew today and of course the idea of my firstborn strapped in a sardine can above the clouds puts the fear of God in me, but of course he landed safely in Atlanta, where he’s going to be in another dance competition this weekend. Then on Monday, he’s renting a car (time for heart attack #2) and driving here for a few days. He’s spending the nights here with me. I can’t wait, because I haven’t seen him in person in two years.   Him being 900 miles away and neither of us exactly rolling in the cash tends to keep us apart for way too long.

y_u_move

This entry was posted in lack of motivation and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to It’s just one of those nights.

1. John Fraser Findlay says:

wow! not seeing your boy for 2 years!! Thats something to write about!! Id lose it if I can see mine for more than 2 weeks! Great for you! 🙂

It drives me crazy. I try not to dwell on it. But he lives 900 miles away and neither of us can afford to travel much. We do keep up on Twitter, Facebook, and talk to each other on the phone a lot. It’s not the same though. Thank God for the Internet.

2. Just Plain Ol' Vic says:

Wishing your son good luck!!

3. ibikenyc says:

Jerry Seinfeld got impossibly wealthy and changed American culture using Nothing!

SO glad you’ll be seeing your boy! I can’t imagine how much you miss him.

(Also glad they got safely to Atlanta. I Don’t Fly. I feel your pain.)

4. Leslie says:

So glad that you are getting to see your son! Good luck to him in the dance competition!

For someone with nothing to say, you did pretty well!

5. katiesdream2004 says:

900 miles is so far away. I’m glad you get to see him!

6. hbsuefred says:

As a mom of two who will be happy if/when we are all at least in the same time zone at the same time for more than a week or two, I feel ya girlfriend. Enjoy the time you will be together and try not to worry about things you can’t control, easier said than done, I know.
    Again, based on painful personal experience, like you, I’m sure, the call that I’d dreaded finally came this week. One of mine was in an accident! She is OK so my standard parent’s prayer was answered as well.

OMG! I’m so sorry to hear that. 😦 But I’m glad she’s okay. That must have been terrifying. Praying for her recovery.

• hbsuefred says:

It was terrifying for us but more like confusing for her. Prayers for recovery were not really necessary. She was not hurt physically and has enough other stressors in her life that this caused her only a comparatively minor mental injury. Noted that you had a nice visit w/your son (and daughter), including what appeared to be a fond stroll down memory lane for all of you. Wishing you all only happy memories like that even from whatever pains you encounter in your respective paths.