Look who just moved into my garden.

Even though I’m Christian (Catholic), I always liked Buddhism and I have a small collection of Buddhas around my house, kept for decorative purposes.  They also remind me to stay mindful.  I don’t feel like there’s anything wrong with or that it’s sinful.  I appreciate many religions.   I have a tiny laughing Buddha made of ivory that seems to keep one particular houseplant healthy (I wrote about that in this post), and today in the mail I received an awesome  blue glazed concrete Garden Buddha. He’s about 12 inches tall.

garden_buddha2

I found the perfect spot for him under a rosebush, and he looks very much at home there  keeping company  with my St. Francis of Assisi garden figure (St. Francis is my favorite saint because of his love for animals).   Unfortunately, he lost his left hand sometime during the winter, when a pane of glass fell out of an upstairs window and shattered on top of him, slicing off his hand.  His head had a gash in it too, but I was able to repair it using some mortar.   I can’t re-attach the hand.  Oh well.

garden_buddha3
They all look like they’re having a meeting.

Now I just need to get the garden cleaned up and some flowers planted and I’ll be all set!

The very large dragonfly you see in the photos is not real.   There are three of them in my garden.

garden_buddha1

This blog is my journal. I just choose to share it with the world instead of keeping everything inside my head. I'm a recovering Borderline and have also struggled with Avoidant Personality Disorder. I also have Complex PTSD due to having been the victim of narcissistic abuse for most of my life. I write mostly about narcissism, because I was the child of a narcissistic mother, and then married to a sociopathic malignant narcissist for 20 years. But there's a silver lining too. In some ways they taught me about myself. This blog is about all that. Not all my articles will be about NPD, BPD or other personality disorders or mental conditions. I pretty much write about whatever's on my mind at the moment. So there's something for everyone here. Blogging about stuff is crack for my soul. It's self therapy, and hopefully my insights and observations may help others too.
This entry was posted in essays, photography and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Look who just moved into my garden.

1. I love the garden integration😄

2. Just Plain Ol' Vic says:

Looks very tranquil.

3. Buddha statues make me very nervous, because my dad had multiple personality disorder. One of his personalities was a fundamentalist Pentecostal Christian minister who believed that you will go to hell if you have “idols,” which to him included Catholic saints, but especially Buddha statues. Yet another of his personalities was a Catholic, and another personality was Buddhist. Instead of being all peace loving like Buddhists are supposed to be, my dad’s Buddhist personality was highly abusive. Well, almost all of his personalities were abusive.

Anyway, other than that, like Vic said, it looks tranquil. Just… *shudder* …not for me.

I’m sorry, I didn’t know it would be triggering! Your dad’s having different personalities must have been very frightening indeed.

• Yes! And it’s not your fault, of course. I go to church when my husband’s and my PTSD isn’t too bad. It’s a little Protestant church. I enjoy it, but… every time I go to church I cry and cry, because I keep remembering my dad preaching in the pulpit. I am just a mess of triggers.

• By the way, I just posted a picture on my blog of my daughter and my granddaughters posing with “Frasier,” the actor Kelsey Grammer. She meets famous people a lot, I don’t know how she does it. Here is that post:

• Linda, how many different blogs do you have?

• For the past six weeks or so I have only been posting in my new blog, ‘A Blog About Healing From PTSD.’ I stopped posting in my other blog, Surviving Trauma, with the HealMyComplexPTSD WordPress address, which is the blog you were originally following.

The reason I did this is because, for a period of almost two months, none of my comments that I posted from my old blog/old gravatar, were posting in other blogger’s readers. I did not want to have to start a whole new WordPress account with a new gravatar and a new blog, but nothing I tried would fix the problem of my comments not being seen, and being able to chat with other bloggers is the best part of blogging to me. I tried asking WP support for help, but that did not help. I tried googling the problem, but found no viable answer. I checked all my settings and everything looked fine, as far as I could tell. So… in desperation, I set up a new WP account, new blog, and a new gravatar.

I wanted my blogger friends to know it was me, so I used my same gravatar picture and almost the same name, since they won’t let you use the exact name. My old gravatar name is simply my pen name, Linda Lee. My new one is Lady Quixote/Linda Lee. Lady Quixote is my name on Twitter.

When I started my new blog about PTSD, I also decided to start another new blog, called Lady Quixote’s Blog, where I thought I would post about more fun and general topics, instead of always posting about PTSD issues. But out of sheer laziness, I have yet to post anything on that blog.

So, altogether I now have three public blogs, but only one that I am currently writing in. Long answer to a simple question, huh? 😉

• Thanks — I just got confused. I knew you’d been having some problems with notifications and stuff, so I should have figured it out. I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing anything!

• Aww… how sweet. I keep meaning to log out of my new WordPress account and log back onto my old account so I can post an explanation on my old blog, with a link to my new blog. WHY haven’t I done that simple little thing yet? Grrr I am so disorganized. Also I am a little afraid that something technical may go wrong if I do that… but that’s probably silly.

Do you want me to change the name of your blog or pen name in your post? Sorry I have to ask, but I *am* confused. Let me know. I’m still not getting your notifications for new posts in my email, either.

• Sorry, I didn’t see this comment until now. I hope the confusion has been cleared up by my comments elsewhere? I feel so inept..

• Logging in and out of different accounts can be kind of a nuisance, and it’s true, you never know when something might go haywire….

• Thank you for understanding my madness, lol. I think I will log into my old account using my old computer and post an explanation and redirection to my new blog, especially since I didn’t think to ask Lucky Otter to link my guest post to my new account….

• eightyape says:

my only concern is dragnonflies might scare off actual insects,,,but i can get over that , its very nice.

• Allthat says:

I like the way you think, eightyape. So, you have PDA autism right? I read about it after you mentioned it. I think I know a couple of people with this. Do they have “dog whistle” type conversations a lot? It’s very interesting. Is that what you have? I appreciate you bringing that disorder to our attention. It’s a new one to many.

• Susan says:

I understand! beautiful garden I love it.. but I also have too much”religious/spiritual” abuse behind me! the shiva statue freaks me out! (the one at lhc/cern as it looks male and female in one) but I have done and continue to do in depth studies of islam Judaism Hinduism and more.. always an interest of mine..
      I just have to keep putting people in their places that this is ME, I have this INTEREST and do not judge it.
      I study it.. but I also get that eerie creepy feeling along with it too….
      due to my indoctrination and also my abuse…..and that unspoken thing.. feeling..

• For years I was staunchly agnostic, almost an atheist. Then thirteen years ago, shortly before I turned 50, I made the decision to believe in and follow Jesus Christ as my Savior and my Lord. I made this decision because the preponderance of the evidence in my life brought me to the point where I almost had no choice but to believe. Now I am determined to follow Christ Jesus as long as I exist.

However… I am humbly aware that my mind is far from infallible. Which means that my spiritual beliefs, however well informed and well reasoned, may be incorrect in part or in the whole. Therefore, I respect everyone’s right to believe, or not believe, as each person sees fit, and I try never to cram my beliefs down anyone’s throat.

It really isn’t easy, though, trying to discern the difference between intuitive knowledge that says “this is Truth” or “this is a lie,” and the vestiges of childhood training and trauma.

• Susan says:

very well said! exactly. me too. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I only second guess things/self doubt/my brain wiring issues and my responses to people,have hindered my joy in the faith,.
          but not the faith
          the joy part.(missing it).makes me berate myself and think I dont believe. when that cant be true..
          and there is that bit of “am I a hyprocrite” and not “strong in the faith” I always havr ot aks myself when I say im all open minded and not bothered by everyone practicing their faith etc
          because the church I attended had us handing out pamphlets,going door to door.. excited and happy to spread the good word
          and now I just smile and nod at people of other faiths and do not share…out of fear!
          not of them, they are fine nice people often and sometimes they are not.. but my fear of being judged..
          I need much of the private time between God and I to recoup:) that sums it up…
          private personal and healing
          not “whole world on MY shoulder” on fire faith…its just not the time for that for me…

Perfectly understandable. I’m not offended in the slightest. I rather enjoy it there in the garden but realize some may not, and that’s alright!