“Have you bonded with your narcissist today?”

This made me laugh so hard I just have to share it.
It sure would be nice if narcissists were all required to wear a button warning you they have NPD.

“Embracing the legacy of familial narcissism. Have you bonded with your narcissist today?”

Bonding with your narcissistic parent

Be patient. It may take a minute for the picture to load.

This blog is my journal. I just choose to share it with the world instead of keeping everything inside my head. I'm a recovering Borderline and have also struggled with Avoidant Personality Disorder. I also have Complex PTSD due to having been the victim of narcissistic abuse for most of my life. I write mostly about narcissism, because I was the child of a narcissistic mother, and then married to a sociopathic malignant narcissist for 20 years. But there's a silver lining too. In some ways they taught me about myself. This blog is about all that. Not all my articles will be about NPD, BPD or other personality disorders or mental conditions. I pretty much write about whatever's on my mind at the moment. So there's something for everyone here. Blogging about stuff is crack for my soul. It's self therapy, and hopefully my insights and observations may help others too.
This entry was posted in humor, narcissistic families, narcissistic personality disorder and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to “Have you bonded with your narcissist today?”

1. luckyotter says:

Just for the record, the girl who posted this says her dad (that’s him in the photo) is a “benign” narcissist and not diagnosed with NPD. I think it’s cool she got him to wear that button and pose for the picture. He must have a sense of humor about it, at least. Maybe he’s not even really a narc.

• Alaina says:

Oh man… I figured someone must have photoshopped those buttons on the picture. Too funny, if this picture is all real.

She said it is. LOL! I wonder where she got those buttons. I guess you could make them. I want some!

• Ruji says:

Glad you all like the buttons! I designed buttons for all ten personality disorders, along with a few other conditions from the DSM and other pathology typologies. I mostly give the buttons to my friends or wear them myself, but I hope to someday get my shit together enough to sell them online.

And yes, my dad has a great sense of humor. I believe he falls somewhere on the narcissism/narcautism spectrum, but the Aspie Quiz said he‘s neurotypical; I’m still awaiting his results from the online Narcissistic Personality Inventory link I e-mailed him the other day.

He sounds so cool–even for an N! LOL!
            I would love to order some buttons from you if you ever put them online for sale. I bet they’d sell like hotcakes.
            Let me know how your dad’s results come out, will you?

2. hbsuefred says:

Therapy (I guess/hope), an open mind (I assume) and a sense of humor (clearly) can work wonders.

3. You can buy the “Narcissistic Personality Disorder” buttons online now: http://dondepresso.rujic.net/post/122239123000/dsm5-button-npd