“Have you bonded with your narcissist today?”

This made me laugh so hard I just have to share it.
It sure would be nice if narcissists were all required to wear a button warning you they have NPD.

“Embracing the legacy of familial narcissism. Have you bonded with your narcissist today?”

Bonding with your narcissistic parent

Be patient. It may take a minute for the picture to load.

This entry was posted in humor, narcissistic families, narcissistic personality disorder and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to “Have you bonded with your narcissist today?”

1. luckyotter says:

Just for the record, the girl who posted this says her dad (that’s him in the photo) is a “benign” narcissist and not diagnosed with NPD. I think it’s cool she got him to wear that button and pose for the picture. He must have a sense of humor about it, at least. Maybe he’s not even really a narc.

• Alaina says:

Oh man… I figured someone must have photoshopped those buttons on the picture. Too funny, if this picture is all real.

She said it is. LOL! I wonder where she got those buttons. I guess you could make them. I want some!

• Ruji says:

Glad you all like the buttons! I designed buttons for all ten personality disorders, along with a few other conditions from the DSM and other pathology typologies. I mostly give the buttons to my friends or wear them myself, but I hope to someday get my shit together enough to sell them online.

And yes, my dad has a great sense of humor. I believe he falls somewhere on the narcissism/narcautism spectrum, but the Aspie Quiz said he‘s neurotypical; I’m still awaiting his results from the online Narcissistic Personality Inventory link I e-mailed him the other day.

He sounds so cool–even for an N! LOL!
            I would love to order some buttons from you if you ever put them online for sale. I bet they’d sell like hotcakes.
            Let me know how your dad’s results come out, will you?

2. hbsuefred says:

Therapy (I guess/hope), an open mind (I assume) and a sense of humor (clearly) can work wonders.

3. You can buy the “Narcissistic Personality Disorder” buttons online now: http://dondepresso.rujic.net/post/122239123000/dsm5-button-npd