Re-mother’s day gift.

I’ve always liked to buy small gifts for myself when I can afford to (usually something natural like rocks or plants). Because I’m reparenting myself (with the help of my therapist and God), I decided to treat myself to a Mother’s Day gift. I bought some wind chimes, a few summer outfits from Goodwill (don’t knock it — you can’t beat the prices and I can always find something perfect), and this ridiculously adorable “string of pearls” plant (Senecio rowleyanus, a succulent vine that grows in Southwestern Africa) hanging from a tiny clay pot and surrounded by a copper wire in a heart shape:

plant_1
Isn’t it cute?

plant_2
My tuxedo cat, Sheldon, reminding me he wants to be the center of attention.

sheldon_2016_1
Fine, Sheldon. Are you happy now?

This entry was posted in photography, plants and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Re-mother’s day gift.

1. Lisa T says:

Thanks for sharing the cute items you found. I love to wander around Goodwill too 🙂

2. Thumbup says:

I go there too!

3. gm1123 says:

We have a few goodwills in my town. One if them is called Goodbuys and everything there is only $2. It is awesome! I bought a Mardi Gras ball gown there a couple years ago. For $2. Can’t beat it!! Happy Mother’s Day!

I love the dollar stores too. We have Dollar general and Dollar Tree. But Goodwill–you never know what you might find. It’s like a treasure hunt.
      Happy Mother’s day!

4. What a great idea for celebrating Mother’s Day. I think I will stop by Goodwill after church and go treasure hunting for myself, too.

Love the plant. I want!

Happy Mother’s Day!

5. Happy Mothers Day Lucky Otter:) You deserved to treat yourself and I like places like Goodwill too. It IS a treasure hunt, sometimes you find a lot of things you like, other times you go through the entire store maybe to come out with one item, it always depends and there is a suspense factor to it. I like your new plant very unique and its display is very natural looking too with the copper. And then of course Sheldon! How could we forget Mr Sheldon?!

6. Happy mother’s day. The plant is adorable but you know cats are narcs right? Lol…it’s always all about them. I used to have a plaque that read, “All things belong to cats” or something to that effect.

I like the idea of buying yourself something when you can, especially plants since they are really good and healthy to have around the house. I think I might start doing something like that. Thanks for the idea.

7. Diana says:

Happy Mother’s Day Lucky Otter!! It makes me happy that you got yourself some special things for Mother’s Day. I love it when special people who were not loved/appreciated by family/husbands nurture and love themselves. My daughter and I always look at thrift stores and yard sales for most of our things. It is so much fun finding amazing deals. I love to repurpose things whenever possible and it is a wise way to live no matter how much money you have. I think it is so funny when people have shown me their disgust for shopping at thrift stores but then just love my thrift store outfits and things LOL

I love thrift stores, and to me, they’re a lot more fun and interesting than high priced stores. I love going to the thrift shops with my daughter too.