I think about these things all the time. Some of them drive me crazy!
Warning: some of these things have moral or religious implications.
1. Will we ever discover another habitable, earthlike planet? If one exists, will we build colonies there?
2. Are there colors we have never seen?
3. What happened to the ships and planes that have disappeared in the Bermuda triangle?
4. What really happens after you die?
5. Why have people always fought over religion? Why is it so all-important what others believe?
6. It’s said everyone has a double who looks exactly like them somewhere in the world. Where is mine?
7. When does a person’s soul actually enter their body?
8. Are souls “recycled” (reincarnation) or is each new person assigned a brand new soul?
9. What exactly is a soul? Is it a material thing or purely spiritual?
10. What does the fourth dimension actually look like (I don’t think time is it). Is it possible to “see” it or our brains to process what you’d see?
11. Are there any places in the universe where time can go backwards, stand still, or where it’s flexible, the way 3D space is in this reality?
12. Are ghosts really beings from a higher dimension?
13. Is an intelligent and friendly race of aliens going to save humanity from self-destruction?
14. When you die, do you go back to the same place you were before you were born? Will everything seem familiar, like going home?
15. Are heaven and hell actual places, or are they states of mind?
16. Do psychedelic drugs like DMT actually show you other realities, or is the experience purely due to changes in the way the brain processes information?
17. Are there as many grains of sand on the earth as there are stars in the universe?
18. What causes a molecule to become “life” as opposed to a nonliving thing?
19. Do beings on other planets have DNA? Do they have cells?
20. If the dinosaurs had lived, would they have evolved intelligence?
21. Why do you never see baby squirrels?
22. Do lower animals (fish, reptiles, insects, etc.) experience any kind of sexual pleasure when mating?
23. Do single celled, asexual animals experience pleasure when they reproduce?
24. What do animals like dogs and cats actually think about? They look like they’re always thinking about something!
25. Why do most people prefer eating unhealthy food over healthy food, when it’s worse for your survival?
26. If eating insects was socially acceptable in modern cultures, would we be able to end starvation?
27. Was 9/11 an inside job?
28. Is the Illuminati really running everything? (I’m leaning toward yes)
29. Do socks that disappear in the wash actually go into an alternate universe where random socks just appear?
30. Does the taste of something taste different to different people? Is my experience of “cheese” or “chocolate” the same as yours?
31. The same thing about color. Does “red” to me look the same as “red” to you?
32. Are there any worlds in which music is a language?
33. Do plants get cancer? (I got the answer to this and posted about it here) But it’s still a good question.
34. Does cancer always hurt? Is it possible to get cancer and not really suffer?
35. Is the treatment for cancer worse than the disease itself?
36. Why do some people seem to have “charmed lives”? Why do others seem to be cursed from the day they are born?
37. If “survival of the fittest” is real, will modern western culture eventually breed out those who have empathy and the capacity to be altruistic until we become a race of unfeeling psychopaths and that becomes the new normal? This really scares me…
38. Are some “disorders” like Aspergers really just variations of cognition and not really a disorder at all? (The Aspie rights movement does believe this)
39. If some people are born gay and can’t change their sexual orientation, how can being gay be sinful?
40. If humans have been cloned, do they have souls too?
41. Do animals have an afterlife? If heaven exists, why wouldn’t our pets be there too?
42. Why is coffee not considered a “drug”?
43. Are men really from Mars and women from Venus?
44. Is it possible for non-human animals to cry? Evidently elephants can shed emotional tears and there have been reports of certain dogs crying.
45. Does the sun have any kind of consciousness? Sometimes it seems like it does.
46. Why do so many religions stifle thinking about these kinds of things, especially since God gave us a brain to think with?
47. Does a shadow have any kind of substance, or is it the absence of substance (light)?
48. Is it possible for anything to travel faster than the speed of light?
49. Will we ever be able to time travel?
50. What kind of other universes are there? Do they have different physics than this one?
I can think of so many more. I might do another post like this sometime.