There is no such thing as “white pride.”

This viral Facebook post explains why.

whitepride

11 Responses to There is no such thing as “white pride.”

1. bobcabkings says:

Yep, its not about culture. Its about defending the privilege they feel is threatened. If there is any such thing that might be called “European Culture”, it is in Art, Music, Literature, Philosophy, not marching and screaming bigots.

2. Isis Royal says:

Yes!!! You hit that right on the head. I am just learning of where my African ancestors came from thanks to DNA testing. But I also learned I have European heritage such as Scandinavian, British and Irish. While I wasn’t too surprised. I knew my DNA results were due to whites mixing with my enslaved African ancestors. If it wasn’t for DNA testing I wouldn’t have had a clue as where my African forebears were from. It is very important to us as African Americans to know our heritage. Because it has been taken away from us. Thank you for sharing and enlightening those who may not understand why Black Pride is important.

DNA testing is a godsend for this reason (it’s a double edged sword and can certainly be used unethically too). That is cool you were able to find our your real heritage. I think it is important for African Americans to be able to identify what regions of the world they come from, the same way Whites have always been able to do. It gives you a sense of pride and identity beyond “white vs. black.”

3. Suze says:

reblogged on obsolete childhood.
    I had no clue about my African heritage until I worked on our family genealogy. After finding my mother’s grandmother in a census listing her race as “black” I did a dna test. Yeppers, there it was…12% sub-saharan african…13% Indigenous American, the rest european. Well, well………no wonder I worked for the NAACP and was abandoned by my family for doing so. (Turns out grandma was “passing” and told no one) It isn’t about culture when whites spew forth about their whiteness..it is entirely racial.

4. There’s that reason, and the fact that white is the dominant race in this country, often leading to oppression of other races.

5. dennis says:

Not even S.M. Sterling’s DRAKA series (fiction) pulls off ‘Weissenkultur’. (White culture > BS)

Translation – “there is but a single explicit specification for ‘National Comrades’ ” – Volksgenossen being the proper National-Socialist term – “and anyone who does not measure up in full particulars to that lofty status is a ‘community alien’ – ein Gemeinschaftsfremde.”

Again, that second term is proper NSDAP-Sprache.

Another name for the latter is ‘second (at best) class citizen’ – or, more accurately – “the servant of one’s betters.”

Shall we dance our masters’ tune, for their pleasure at our expense? Is it *all* about providing these self-styled ***inner party members*** with the Orwellian #intoxication of power#? That they may inflict upon us ‘pain and humiliation’? That they might tear our minds to pieces, and put them back together in ways of their own choosing?

6. lorie laforme says:

What about residential schools for us heathens native American, first nations peoples

Share your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s