Republicans have selective empathy.

This video from Bill Maher had me rolling.   What he says is so true.

This blog is my journal. I just choose to share it with the world instead of keeping everything inside my head. I'm a recovering Borderline and have also struggled with Avoidant Personality Disorder. I also have Complex PTSD due to having been the victim of narcissistic abuse for most of my life. I write mostly about narcissism, because I was the child of a narcissistic mother, and then married to a sociopathic malignant narcissist for 20 years. But there's a silver lining too. In some ways they taught me about myself. This blog is about all that. Not all my articles will be about NPD, BPD or other personality disorders or mental conditions. I pretty much write about whatever's on my mind at the moment. So there's something for everyone here. Blogging about stuff is crack for my soul. It's self therapy, and hopefully my insights and observations may help others too.

6 Responses to Republicans have selective empathy.

1. mk mkmk says:

Can you please please take me off your mailing list. I keep getting notifications from you and I discontinued several times. I find your column upsetting most of the time. Please take me off

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Lucky Otters Haven wrote:

> luckyotter posted: “This video from Bill Maher had me rolling. What he > says is so true. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVwFmdipfZg ” >

The mailing lists/notifications are automatic and generated by WordPress, not by me — did you subscribe or follow me at any point? If they’re coming in your email, that must mean you clicked on the subscribe button. I can’t unsubscribe anyone. I’ll see what I can do though. Check and make sure you haven’t subscribed or are following this blog. I’m sorry you have found the content so upsetting.

If that doesn’t work, you can contact WordPress support and see if they can remove this blog from your mailings. But I’m not sure what they can do either because you don’t appear to have a WP blog yourself.

2. Aura Gael says:

It might be funny if so much of this crap wasn’t so serious. I’m not a liberal nor a conservative btw. And I’m not a huge fan of Bill Maher. But he makes a lot of good points here.

I guess the stance Trump takes on vaccines is taboo? Because BM didn’t mention any of that.

Immigration is a really touchy subject I understand but it’s also not black and white at all. Not sure if you know what’s going on in Canada but from what I’ve been listening to by someone I watch regularly from Canada, it seems that they are being invaded. And I don’t say that in a derogatory sense at all. It’s insidious and not so slow.

Here’s one video with many great points. Remember this is Canada.

Here’s another one where she shows an interview of an islamic leader. But watch the whole thing because she points out the problems on both sides. But the stuff this islamic spiritual leader said is scary af tbh. That start at the 5:13 mark.

Canada is being invaded? How come I haven’t heard about this? Are you sure it isn’t fake news via Republicans? I’m not saying it is, but it sounds suspicious. I’m a skeptic. I will have to look into that and will check out your links. I used to be pretty politically apathetic, but since this election, I’ve become very political because so many of these issues (especially healthcare) are going to hit very close to home. It’s hard to know who to trust anymore, isn’t it? Real news is called fake news and fake news is called alternative facts. No wonder sales of “1984” are way up. It’s all doublespeak and gaslighting. I hate it and it’s very triggering.

BTW, I don’t always care for Bill Maher either. But sometimes he’s spot on.

Yes, all this drama and chaos right now would be funny if it wasn’t so scary and sad. It’s not a good time to be an American and I wish I could leave.

• Aura Gael says:

Yeah, wish I could leave too.
        The word ‘invade’ is mine. It’s what I’ve taken from the woman in the videos I linked you.

She is the only one I’m listening to on this. I found her originally because she had started her channel talking about her narcissistic mother.

In time she has evolved her channel to talk about politics and the media and how their actions are equivalent on a grander scale to what we all grew up with in our narc families.

She says in one of her videos that she is afraid now to go to places she once did. I’m understanding from what I’m hearing in her videos that muslim leaders in Canada are pushing for Sharia law and Canadians are feeling more and more like if they say anything against this they will be labeled racist.

She explains and says it much more clearly than I do. I recommend her channel because she also talks about fake news/alt facts and finding what’s really going on.

Share your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s