Monday Melody: Careless Whisper (George Michael)

Since George Michael died today (f*ck you, 2016!) I thought I’d use one of his songs for this week’s Monday Melody.  Careless Whisper (released in 1984) is probably my favorite George Michael tune.   Now it’s touched with sadness for me, but is still a classic.

This blog is my journal. I just choose to share it with the world instead of keeping everything inside my head. I'm a recovering Borderline and have also struggled with Avoidant Personality Disorder. I also have Complex PTSD due to having been the victim of narcissistic abuse for most of my life. I write mostly about narcissism, because I was the child of a narcissistic mother, and then married to a sociopathic malignant narcissist for 20 years. But there's a silver lining too. In some ways they taught me about myself. This blog is about all that. Not all my articles will be about NPD, BPD or other personality disorders or mental conditions. I pretty much write about whatever's on my mind at the moment. So there's something for everyone here. Blogging about stuff is crack for my soul. It's self therapy, and hopefully my insights and observations may help others too.

18 Responses to Monday Melody: Careless Whisper (George Michael)

1. That is a beautiful song about a tender place of hurt. ❤

2. Aura Gael says:

Yeah…I couldn’t believe it when I heard. I still don’t.

3. mihrank says:

I couldn’t believe it – deeply sad…nothing to add..

4. I was shocked when I heard the news. I’m so sad. Thank you for choosing this song, it’s one of my favourites and it just fits.

I was shocked too. I was just reading about George Michael and he wrote this song when he was only 17! He was also only 21 or so in this video. Both his songwriting and demeanor were very mature and adult, about very complex emotions. Now try to imagine Justin Beiber writing a lyric like “guilty feet have got no rhythm” when he was 17. I can’t.
      This wasn’t one of George Michael’s favorite songs. He said he felt like it was shallow and felt sad that so many people can relate to it.

I just edited my comment that you Liked.

5. nowve666 says:

I didn’t know he did this song. I really like it. A lot.

6. J L Hunt says:

Such a shock to lose another musical talent. I grew up listening to all of his hits back in the 80’s & 90’s.

7. So many places today were playing George Michael songs in our local shopping centre. When I was in our supermarket they were playing his version of “Don’t let the sun go down on me”. So sad!

8. cyranny says:

Good evening again!

Just a note to tell you I have nominated you for the Bloggers Recognition Award here: https://cyranny.wordpress.com/2016/12/27/bloggers-recognition-award/

I don’t know if you do Awards, but either way, you blog deserved to be on my list 🙂

Share your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s