Monday Melody: Careless Whisper (George Michael)

Since George Michael died today (f*ck you, 2016!) I thought I’d use one of his songs for this week’s Monday Melody.  Careless Whisper (released in 1984) is probably my favorite George Michael tune.   Now it’s touched with sadness for me, but is still a classic.

18 Responses to Monday Melody: Careless Whisper (George Michael)

1. That is a beautiful song about a tender place of hurt. ❤

2. Aura Gael says:

Yeah…I couldn’t believe it when I heard. I still don’t.

3. cyranny says:

A true classic!

4. mihrank says:

I couldn’t believe it – deeply sad…nothing to add..

5. livingbythemoonlight says:

I was shocked when I heard the news. I’m so sad. Thank you for choosing this song, it’s one of my favourites and it just fits.

I was shocked too. I was just reading about George Michael and he wrote this song when he was only 17! He was also only 21 or so in this video. Both his songwriting and demeanor were very mature and adult, about very complex emotions. Now try to imagine Justin Beiber writing a lyric like “guilty feet have got no rhythm” when he was 17. I can’t.
      This wasn’t one of George Michael’s favorite songs. He said he felt like it was shallow and felt sad that so many people can relate to it.

I just edited my comment that you Liked.

6. nowve666 says:

I didn’t know he did this song. I really like it. A lot.

7. J L Hunt says:

Such a shock to lose another musical talent. I grew up listening to all of his hits back in the 80’s & 90’s.

8. So many places today were playing George Michael songs in our local shopping centre. When I was in our supermarket they were playing his version of “Don’t let the sun go down on me”. So sad!

9. cyranny says:

Good evening again!

Just a note to tell you I have nominated you for the Bloggers Recognition Award here: https://cyranny.wordpress.com/2016/12/27/bloggers-recognition-award/

I don’t know if you do Awards, but either way, you blog deserved to be on my list 🙂