Lightning Rod

Interesting thoughts here about Taylor Swift, probably the biggest megastar he music world has ever seen. I have to confess a liking for her music. I’ve always liked her music. Taylor isn’t the best singer but I rather like the wobbly vulnerability of her vocals and no one can write catchier songs. For several years (when she was a “country” artist) she came across as this sweet, innocent victim-type of girl, a girl moms didn’t mind taking their 12 year old daughters to see. But I always suspected something a little off about Taylor–that she wasn’t quite what she seemed. Is Taylor a psychopath or is she just a narcissist? I think a little of both.

Whatever she is, who would have grokked that this virginal girl next door who sings songs about love gone wrong was really a card carrying member of The Dark Triad? But that’s what psychopaths and narcissists are best at: putting on masks.

CLUSTER B

Taylor Swift

everyone’s favorite fantasy…

blank_spaceWhen I was a teen, I made some gay friends. We would watch TV together and this one was gay and that one was gay. Celebrities are almost always a repository in which to dump our own “stuff.” But nobody seems to fulfill that role better than Taylor Swift. According to various opinions, she is a really nice, unpretentious gal whose talent made famous, a danger to the morale of the country, a psychopath or a member of (victim of?) the Illuminati.

Taylor Swift, the Psychopath

View original post 613 more words

This entry was posted in reblogs, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Lightning Rod

1. CarissaMarie says:

I like many of Taylor’s songs too, not all, that Shake It Off song gets on my nerves to be honest. But overall, I do enjoy her music. There’s more talented singers, in my opinion, and yet there’s something about her music I just enjoy.

Me too. I didn’t think pop would work for her, but it does. If she is a psychopath, she seems a lot more psychopathic than she used to be, as if now her true colors are coming out. There’s that coldness in her eyes too. She treats herself as a brand, much like Madonna did, always reinventing herself. This has been the secret to her success.

• CarissaMarie says:

Being adaptable to the changing world of music is a good thing for an artist. 😉 I did enjoy her more as a country artist, but I agree pop seems to suit her well also. I don’t know that I’d like her as a person, but I do turn up many of her songs when they come on the radio.

• nikitalondon says:

Agree that her eyes are cold

I never noticed it in early videos (You Belong With Me era). It’s like the mask is dropping, and it’s creepy af.

• nikitalondon says:

Let me watch it (video) and tell you..
            I saw the eyes is because my 15 yr old daughter is fan number one and has poster where the eyes gave me a restless unconfrotable feeling.. And now I will aso read about triad.. I saw that in tweeter and wondered what that was..
            Coming back to you in 10 min 😃

• nikitalondon says:

I watched the videos and to me it could be not. You belong with me, but you belong to me.. How we have learned in school. 😉😉 and I read about the dark triad…. Really really creepy … OMG .. Cant imagine meeting someone like that.. Such a person must be very damaging.. I would not go so far to think she is a dark triad but you mever know.. Masks cam be Beautiful and charming and you dont know what lies below..

No, you don’t. As you know, HG talks about the Lesser, Midrange, and Greater narcissist. A Greater narcissist would be more psychopathic and calculating, much better at masking and fooling others, and also more charismatic. Very malignant. People like Taylor Swift, if she’s a narcissist, are of the Greater type. The Dark Triad stuff is very creepy indeed.

• nikitalondon says:

Yes when I look back and I see the manipulative ways… And they excell totally at doing.. Can blind someone years.. This ones dont change I think.. They just learn to wear the mask almost permanently.

• Susan says:

wow I have noticed something off lately about her too.. I never said anything, just something I couldn’t put my finger on.. something not good though…I usually let young people alone thinking they’ll grow up/out of it etc…I supposed she seemed arrogant/full of herself.. and cold yes…and also yet another gone in that sexpot mindless zombie direction… I dunno…

2. nowve666 says:

Thanks for the reblog. 🙂

3. rubycommenting says:

Very interesting. I’m still stuck on the ’80s hair bands, call me old fashioned, oh yeah I like NarCissistic Mary too:) Taylor Swifts music I know is good but it just isn’t my thing. I have noticed her eyes though, I always have, but, didn’t realize just what it was until I read it here.

They are like Sharks’ eyes. I agree, NarCissistic Mary is really good — she presents herself all bad girl but she’s really a great person–and definitely NOT a narc! I hope to post more of her music soon. 🙂