The conclusion of the saga of the towel rack!

towelrack

Last week as a Mindfulness activity, I made a towel rack using an old glass doorknob I had sitting around and half a cigar box, which I spray painted green and stuck pretty objects on.   It looked so cute when it was all put together, but the doorknob was too heavy for the caulking silicone I had used to attach it to the backing mirror (silicone caulk has worked for other projects like my suncatchers), but the minute I turned it upright, the stupid knob fell right off!

So I consulted Google and asked it what the strongest glue known is.   The answer was Epoxy.  So I went to the craft store and picked up some and tried it.   And it worked!  My towel rack now hangs proudly in my bathroom.   I’m a little afraid to hang actual towels from it because they can get mighty heavy, but it works just fine for lighter fabrics, like this cotton shirt.

towelrack2

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “The conclusion of the saga of the towel rack!

Comments are closed.