Are you addicted to Girl Scout Thin Mints?

It was time for a more lighthearted post. What better thing to write about than Girl Scout Cookies? Yum.

The GS Thin Mints have always been my favorites. They’re still great, but they used to be even better. I found these Back to Nature Fudge Mint cookies that look and taste EXACTLY like the original GS Thin Mint cookies. I couldn’t believe it–I’ve never tasted a better imitation. In fact, they might even be better, if that’s even possible.  If you love GS Thin Mints as much as I do, you MUST try these!

fudge_mint

This entry was posted in food, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Are you addicted to Girl Scout Thin Mints?

1. I love Thin Mints, unfortunately my arse does too 😉

2. Susan says:

addicted? girl scout samosas!
    and Keebler makes the SAME

3. My favorite are Samoas! Keebler came out with a version of both!!

4. gm1123 says:

Thin mints for life! Where did you find these cookies?

5. Bradley says:

If you find an alternative to Tagalongs, let me know. I can’t get enough of them.

Which one are the tagalongs?

• Bradley says:

They’re the ones with peanut butter and chocolate. I love them

Oh, those are good!

• Susan says:

I cant even find little Debbie anymore,please don’t tell me they stopped making little Debbie snacks! but they made those peanut butter sticks thingies,forgot name.. taste just like tagalongs.. two to a package long stick like/twix looking…
          full of peanut butter all down center..inside a blandish cookie shell,chocolate coating.
          yummmmmmmmmm
          thin mints I like to dip in tea
          they don’t really do the soggy thing…
          well you can only dip a second or two…

Little Debbie is alive and well here where I live! Where do you live? I think LD is only available in the southeast though I could be wrong.

• Susan says:

Virginia but in DC metropolitan big city area.. I haven’t seen Little Debbie since I don’t know when 😦 they might be around I have to actually search.. it was my local store that didn’t have them but its a big name grocery store chain! (Shopper’s) what reason for them to not be there??!
              I didn’t check giant yet or harris teeter..

They probably would have them.

• Bradley says:

I’ve never heard of the Little Debbie peanut butter sticks. Our supermarket has a large Little Debbie section. I must look for them.

• Susan says:

:)! I just looked them up so you can see the photos “peanut butter crunch bars” NOT the nutty bars that are wafer like
              they are good imo because the cookie part is bland as I said.. crunchy and not sweet and similar to the baby teething cookies! LOVE THOSE and the peanut butter In the middle is of ample amount and is a paste like peanut butter (like in a reese cup) but again NOT too sweet. not sweet like in reese. its a paste not gross and flahy like a butterfinger lol (I like those somewhat but not for a cookie)
              and the chocolate is the typical little Debbie chocolate.. waxy like
              imo peanut butter desserts shouldn’t be too sweet. and these are good like that:)
              my local stores have NP little Debbie anymore at all anywhere and I panicked..when I realized I haven’t seen any in a year
              as I tend to have a craving for a little Debbie once a year
              I was searching for the brownies!
              I ended up buying a box of betty crocker and making some.
              it wasn’t the same
              I prefer little Debbie brownies!
              even though something in them (and I mean everytime so its confirmed) gives me a “scintillating scotoma” as its called ./an aura or ocular migraine
              no pain
              just a nice big LIGHT SHOW
              and that’s because I eat the whole box within 24 hours lol (6 brownies)
              only the brownies do it to me, I was still hunting them down (once a year) and always tell myself I just wont eat them all

I’ve had them and they are good.

• Susan says:

the little debbies I had phases of non stop addiction to were the star crunches
              the peanut butter crunch bars we discussed
              and the brownies
              oatmeal cream pies
              so many of them are beyond excellent I cant think of their names now. but those 4 id eat whole boxes.. back to back.. like restocking each week
              in my teens and 20’s:)
              we cant get girl scouts often but little debbies were cheap and YUMMY.
              I think I overdosed on the star crunches the most
              I had developed a hypoglycemia and passed out!

• Susan says:

she’s leaving !! no nooo
      I was mad when Edy’s I think it was? many years ago attempted to make girl scout flavor icecream..and it was sooooo skimpy!! I hated it
      they put the cookies in a blender til they were tinyyyyyyyyy bits all throughout the icecream and you cant taste it that way!
      there were no cookie bits large enough to even chew on lol
      it only makes you more mad and want the cookies even more

Ugh, that sounds nasty. I don’t care much for Edy’s ice cream anyway. It always seems puffed full of air to me. I don’t like any kind of cookies and cream ice cream.

• Susan says:

I agree. I hate puffed with air whipped and chemical like icecream
          real icecream hurts your arm muscle to scoop it! I know because I worked at an icecream parlor as a teen and scooped it for 8 hours a day non stop (we were busy with lines out the door!) and I developed a HUGE arm muscle and it was HARD as hell to scoop.
          so hard! if you didn’t have enough strength you’d get just shavings of icecream instead of scoops
          and that’s real icecream as I remember.

• Thumbup says:

Edy murdered the cookies!