These are the things I want to do before I die. Of course, these are subject to change and new ones will come along!
1. Write and publish a book about everything I’ve learned from growing up in a narcissistic family and being married to a narcissistic husband.
2. Write a bestselling novel or self help book based on my own experiences.
2. Be able to quit my day job and make an income from this (or another) blog.
3. Go to an exotic or remote country, preferably tropical.
4. Sing in a karaoke contest. (People say I have a decent voice but it’s one of those things I never developed)
5. Learn a musical instrument.
6. Get married again someday to a supportive, fun-loving, non-narcissistic man, who likes to travel and is good at home projects too.
7. Buy a Bengal cat.
8. Buy a small but quaint home near the ocean on the Gulf Coast of Florida.
9. Be completely self confident and at ease with myself.
10. Get over my fear of dying.
11. Redecorate my home exactly the way I want it.
12. Live for several months among people from a different culture.
13. Finally be able to give up smoking completely.
14. Drive cross country with a good friend or lover in a camper-trailer.
16. Finally be free of all my irrational fears.
17. Make a Beef Wellington.
18. Enter an art show and win a prize!
19. Do something really unconventional or eccentric in public and not worry about people thinking I’m crazy.
20. Hike the entire Appalachian Trail (Georgia to Maine; this takes about 6 months).
21. Be happy.
Now, I am going to ask something of you. I’m inviting my readers to add their own bucket lists in the comments. What would you most like to do before you die?