Don’t even think about calling yourself pro-life if…
- You support taking health insurance away from low income, sick, and disabled people.
- You support abolishing or cutting Medicaid (which covers HALF of all pregnant women and 45 million children).
- You support privatizing or cutting Medicare and Social Security.
- You want to abolish Planned Parenthood, which is NOT an abortion clinic (only 2% of their services are abortion-related) but provides healthcare (including pregnancy care) and birth control information to low income women.
- You’re OK with a president who allowed CHIP (a health insurance program for low income children who do not qualify for Medicaid) to expire, leaving millions of children uninsured.
- You support dismantling public schools.
- You support removing laws that protect college women from on-campus rapists and give more rights to the rapists.
- You think programs like Meals on Wheels and school lunches are a waste of taxpayer money.
- You think climate change is a hoax.
- You support fracking, drilling, and mining on our public lands.
- You believe in removing laws that protect our air and water against pollution.
- You think laws that protect consumers from dangerous products and predatory practices is interfering with free enterprise.
- You support the death penalty.
- You support the idea of using torture on suspected terrorists.
- You believe in detaining documented immigrants, even when it means separating parents from their children.
- You support deporting refugee mothers and their children, even when it means they could die horribly in their countries of origin.
- You support deporting productive young people who came here as children with their parents, even when it means sending them back to countries they can’t remember and know nothing about.
- You think Puerto Ricans who have been devastated by a Category 5 hurricane and have no food, electricity, or drinking water “aren’t doing enough for themselves.”
- You demand “respect for the flag and the Anthem” but don’t respect people’s right to exercise their First Amendment rights.
- You’re okay with a president who plays nuclear chicken on Twitter with an unstable rogue nation dictator because his ego is hurt.
- You think we should “completely destroy” North Korea, even its innocent civilians, women, and children.
- You’re okay with a president who in all likelihood sold our democracy out to a hostile foreign power.
- You’re okay with police brutality, especially against people of color.
- You admire dictators and bullies.
- You think white supremacy, Naziism, and racism are okay.
- You’re okay with a president who treats women with disrespect and brags about grabbing their private parts.
- You don’t see anything wrong with a president who plays golf and complains about NFL players exercising their First Amendment rights when people are dying of thirst and starvation in Puerto Rico.
If you oppose abortion but support the things above, you aren’t pro-life. All you are is a hypocrite.
ETA: Since last night’s tragic Las Vegas shooting, I would like to add one more: Don’t call yourself pro-life if you agree with Trump lifting gun checks on people with mental illness.
Reblogged this on NANMYKEL.COM and commented:
George is crystal clear. Who can argue with this?
LikeLiked by 1 person
I can’t think of anything to add to the list. It occurs to me that since Naming Is Framing, a new name is in order for those people, not “Pro-Life”, just “Pro-Birth.”
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person
Reblogged this on cabbagesandkings524 and commented:
Lucky Otter nails it again.
That’s right! You can’t argue with George. Yesterday, we had family members visiting who are Christian right. We love them dearly, but never discuss politics with them. They are hardworking people… who consistently vote against themselves. They are in that niche where the husband’s blue-collar job earns the family too much money to qualify for what here is the Oregon Health Plan. So they have no health insurance! And they openly admit they are single issue voters — voting for, you guessed it, pro-life candidates.
LikeLiked by 2 people
I know plenty of people like that. It’s like they’re wearing horse blinders.
Pingback: Timely Re-Blog | NANMYKEL.COM