Have we forgotten?

Wise words from a Republican:

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children…
This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.”

–Dwight D. Eisenhower, US President, 1953 -1961

11 Responses to Have we forgotten?

1. czbz says:

What has happened to our nation? Thank you for the quote. I needed to hear that today.

Trump and his cabinet are dismantling democracy and the constitution itself. It’s very, very scary. I’m glad this helped you get through your day. I have good days and bad ones but this president and his actions are extremely triggering for many of us.
      BTW, it’s good to see you here again! I loved your latest article — I am going to link it here so others can read it!

• czbz says:

I haven’t been keeping up with blogs the way I’d like to. A lot of people are suffering high anxiety and stress (ptsd symptoms) because of the election…the hate between people is so vitriolic it makes want to me shut down and isolate. That’s not good so I’ve been forcing myself to write and get those feelings out there where I can deal with them.

Recent cuts in the budget have left me bewildered. The cost of maintaining three homes for our new president is ridiculously expensive—who could possibly think cutting food-for-kids would be a reasonable way to balance the budget? Heck—just make 45 stay in the White House one week-end and send the savings to Meals-on-Wheels.

Hugs,
        CZ

2. Nan Mykel says:

Reblogged this on NANMYKEL.COM and commented:
    Truer today than ever.

3. Christ died on the cross with iron nails in his hands and feet to save us from this world so when He returns we will go home with him. John 3:16

4. I’m glad a republican said this. I just hope someone is listening.

The Republicans used to be decent people — think of Abraham Lincoln. It’s gone downhill ever since Reagan to become the Part of Greed and the Party of No.