Is it just me?

sardonic_eyebrows

Is it just me, or do people with narcissistic tendencies or full-blown narcissism tend to have very high-arched or sardonic looking eyebrows (like in the picture above)? It’s just something I noticed and was thinking about today. I don’t have any proof that such eyebrows always belong to narcissists but I wondered if anyone else has noticed this.

joancrawford_photo

This entry was posted in essays and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Is it just me?

1. Diana says:

LOL I don’t know if it is true but I do watch my back any time I see and or interact with someone with “Joan Crawfordish” eyebrows 🙂 !!

2. LOL…This is pretty funny. Wonder if anyone will get up and look in the mirror after reading this. I’m in the clear. Lol…And I didn’t have to look either. I was hoping for more pics as evidence though. 😉

I have really pale eyebrows and they’re pretty flat, not very arched, so I guess I’m in the clear (although the article I just posted on my other blog makes me not so sure!)

3. I need a few more pics in order to make my decision…lol.

I could probably find some. I’ve mostly noticed it in personal acquaintances of mine so I can’t post their photos, but those two above (I think the first one is O.J. Simpson) definitely have those arched eyebrows.

4. S says:

Interesting observation. I’m going to think about it more and keep it in mind. I once heard that there might be something to having ears that come to a point at the top.

Quick question…I don’t seem to have the ability to “Like” comments. Would having a WordPress account help with that?

5. katiesdream2004 says:

I’ve seen that but not always. There is absolutely something going on with the eyes though. An ex of mine of was of an ethnicity that did not have highly arched brows or rarely, but his eyes were definitely flat and lifeless. I notice an almost blackness no matter the original eye color when they are on a mission of destruction. However, in the seductive stage, I noticed my narcissist supervisor and ex’s could be almost effervescent at times, so, either the flat darkness isn’t there all the time or they could cover it by being charismatic.

I can’t post a picture of my relative on her counseling website because I’m protecting my identity and don’t want my association with her known, but her eyes are absolutely dead looking. (they look tragically sad too) My mother had this look in her eyes, black and soulless when she was getting prepared to decimate her victim and the calculation was going on. I learned to ignore her pleasant sweet voice and instetad look at the eyes to know if danger was ahead. She could be asking a perfectly innocent question, but when I saw that look I finally learned there was a trap being laid

Oh yes, I know what you mean about their eyes. They are predatory eyes–they seem to look right into your soul, it’s very creepy. When they rage, that’s when they either turn all black (in a dark eyed person) or the pupils turn into little pinpoints so small a blue eyed person looks almost like Little Orphan Annie (don’t laugh). Sometimes even a blue eyed person’s eyes turn all black. Sure there could be a scientific explanation (like the pupils expand to fill the entire iris when they rage) but that still doesn’t explain the predatory, penetrating look you see in some of them. Then others, have normal looking eyes and you just can’t tell at all until it’s too late.

6. S says:

My narc mo actually asked me when my next appointment with my therapist was so she could plot the timing of ‘her move’ on me. Imagine, I was being asked to help her to decimate me. What saved me? A confirmation call from the doctors office for that very appointment and I sounded sick as as a dog, and I had been recently ill before that. Early cirrhosis and then hydronephrosis, among other things like Cushing Syndrome and more recently it seemed Acromegaly was induced in me too. I seem to be recovering slowly. Im keeping my chin up and know that this is in Gods hands and His hands alone now. Disfiguring illnesses can be induced with the right drugs.

She had Munchhausen’s by proxy, right? That sounds like something someone with that would do. Again, so sorry you had a mother who would do things like that to you.

This isn’t exactly the same, but I was reminded of something. My sociopath-ex was abused too. But that isn’t my point. He did remember something once in one of his more lucid moments. He told me about the time his mother (a malignant narc) sent him to school even though he had 104 fever and was throwing up. The concerned school nurse called his mother asking her why on God’s green earth she would send a boy as sick as him to school. Of course she made him come pick him up. On the way home, she wouldn’t speak to him, and then when they got home she beated him and berated him for “getting her in trouble with the school.” Can you believe that?! It’s almost understandable he turned out the way he did. Sheesh. There’s more but I think that illustrates my point.

7. OMG…. an ex of mine had big black bushy eyebrows that he would arch way up above his glasses, almost all the way to the top of his forehead, when he was giving me The Glare. I told him once how freaking creepy he looked when he did that. So then, of course, he did it all the time. (Shiver)