I don’t like extreme anything, and that means extreme weather. I’m a fall and spring person. Wait, let me correct that. I would be a fall person were it not for the shortening days (I have Seasonal Affective Disorder), but I do like fall weather.
As for extreme weather, this has been a strange, X-treme winter so far. We had a 70+ degree Christmas. I actually sat outside wearing a tank top and flip flops. About a week later the temperature dropped to the single digits and my pipes almost froze again. Finally, almost 2 weeks ago, we had the biggest snowstorm we’ve had since 1996. I was housebound for almost 5 days. I’m ready for winter to make like a tree and leave already. I’m ready for spring!
Here’s a few things I’ve noticed that prove spring is just around the corner.
- The days are growing noticeably longer.
- My mood is improving because of the lengthening days.
- The stores are carrying Easter merchandise.(but they’ve been carrying it since the day after Christmas, lol)
- Lent begins this month.
- I just got a catalogue in the mail that says “Spring edition.”
- The Lowe’s in my neighborhood is starting to stock its Garden center.
The groundhog did see his shadow, but that still means only six more weeks to go!
Can you add your own?