Cats who stare at drains.

cats_and_drains

Sheldon, my tuxedo cat, loves to stare at drains. It makes me laugh every time he does it. He takes it very seriously though. When he stares at a drain, he’s totally focused on that drain and whatever is happening with it. He sits there motionless but from time to time cocks his head from side to side, as if pondering why. Sometimes he’ll even tentatively extend a white-mittened paw toward it, but if there’s water there, he quickly moves it away, flicking the water off. But his intent focus remains. His eyes never leave that drain.

I love this video of a Bobcat growling at a bathtub drain.

This entry was posted in animals, cats, pets and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Cats who stare at drains.

1. S says:

You described the drain scene perfect. I could ‘see’ it all happening. You do a very nice job with your blog here. Happy to know your cat. I have a cat too:)

2. Lady Quixote/Linda Lee says:

That bobcat is adorable! I want one now!

My husband is allergic to cats. I wonder if he would be allergic to a bobcat.

I don’t know if it’s legal to own one, but they just look like adorable oversize housecats to me! The one here in the video stayed with the owner for a few years, and was taken away by authorities and placed in a kind of zoo. The owner (the man speaking in the video) was beside himself with grief. 😦 He has a whole series of videos on his channel about this same bobcat and also a few after he was taken away, when he went to go visit him in the animal sancutary.

3. PorterGirl says:

Yes – what is it with drain-staring! My Terry (also a tuxedo cat) does the same thing. Furry little freaks!

4. moragh7 says:

And you think you have problems:))

5. lorirensink says:

Hahaha that is too funny! My cat is a pack rat with pony tail holders. If I leave one sitting somewhere she will sneakily pick it up and carry it off to who knows where.

6. Laura says:

My little tux will literally run to the kitchen sink if she sees you in there! Her brother, a ginger, isn’t quite so bad, but they’re both fascinated with the taps and water. They don’t want to drink it, though, just watch it running down the plug hole and avoiding getting their feet wet!